Exceptional efficiency, manageability and energy metering capabilities for IT managers.
- The new graphical LCD display provides clear information on the UPS’s status and measurements on a single screen (in seven languages). Enhanced configuration capabilities are also available with easy-to-use navigation keys.
- For the first time in the industry the 5PX can meter energy consumption right down to the managed outlet groups. kWh values can be monitored using the LCD or Eaton’s Intelligent Power® Software Suite.
- Load segment control enables prioritised shutdowns of nonessential equipment to maximise battery runtime for critical devices. Load segment control can also be used to remotely reboot locked-up network equipment or to manage scheduled shutdowns and sequential start-ups.
- The 5PX offers Serial and USB connectivity, plus an extra slot for an optional communication card (including SNMP/ Web card or relay contact card). Eaton’s Intelligent Power® Software Suite compatible with all major OS including virtualization software such as VMware and Hyper-V is included with each UPS
PERFORMANCE AND EFFICIENCY
- With an optimised electrical design, the 5PX can provide up to 99% efficiency, reducing cooling and utility costs.
- With a power factor of 0.9, the 5PX delivers more real output power. It powers more servers than other UPSs with equivalent VA ratings and lower power factors. The 5PX is compatible with all modern IT equipment.
- When operating in battery mode the 5PX provides a high quality output signal for any sensitive equipment connected, such as active PFC (power factor corrected) servers.
AVAILABILITY AND FLEXIBILITY
- The 5PX is available in a rack/tower convertible version – pedestal and rail kits are included with all models at no extra charge.
- Stronger, longer battery life: Eaton ABM® battery management technology uses an innovative three-stage charging technique that only recharges the battery when necessary, so the battery experiences less corrosion and service life is prolonged by up to 50%.
- Batteries can be hot-swapped without ever having to shut down connected equipment. With an optional, hot-swap maintenance bypass module, you can even replace the entire UPS.
- There is also the possibility to add more runtime with up to four external hot-swappable battery modules, able to run systems for hours if necessary. The additional battery modules are automatically recognised by the UPS.